Saturday, December 18, 2010

For My Grandpa


My Sweet Grandpa recently died and I am very sad. So I'm reposing this poem, and dedicating it to my Grandpa who died on December 10th 2010. He was very close to me and my family, and means so very much to me. This picture is of Me (Erin O'Malley) and my sister (Dori O'Malley) when we were kids with our Grandpa. I am the older Sister. I always remember Grandpa in his Work clothes like he is here in this picture. He was a very hard worker, and a wonderful man. He always helped people who needed it, and was a very kind man. He never said an Unkind word to anyone. He Was a man of his word to a T. He taught his family and friends the same values he had. He was a Pillar of his Community and will be dearly missed. Grandpa you enriched my life and made me a better person. I miss you so very much.



Wesley E. Bradbury
September 8, 1923 - December 10, 2010

GONE ON


Gone on from this world to a new place,
It isn't an end, but a new beginning.

Gone on to forever be surrounded by beauty,
constantly showered with Gods love.

Gone on to talk and walk with the Angels,
never fearing anything ever again.

Gone on to sing praises to God,
in Heaven's glorious choir.

Gone on yet not forgotten,
forever in the hearts of loved ones.

Copyright © 2010 Erin O'Malley

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nina Barnard said...

Erin, This poem and post is a beautiful tribute to Grandpa. Thank you for sharing it and the sweet picture. Grandpa (Daddy) has left a wonderful legacy for us all to follow.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

A very special poem Erin. =) I really like that photo of you, Dori and grandpa. One of my favorites!!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Beautiful words sissy, they put a tear in my eye. I wish Grandpa were still here, but it is comforting to know he was so loved by so many...this poem confirms that. Thank you

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home