Friday, August 12, 2005

Desires In Loneliness


In my life of loneliness,
I have wants and desires.

I see people all around me smiling and laughing with each other.
They share their lives in love and adoration.

People take for granted the life they have together,
not realizing what it would be like to be alone in their desires.

I see them live and love one another, and wish I had someone too,
I look at them with longing, knowing I can never have the same.

Some nights I have dreams of being with another,
loving and being loved in return.

Then slowly I awake and realize that I am still alone.
The loneliness replaces the fulfillment I had felt in my dream.

Again I am alone in my desires.
Forever untouched, unloved, and alone.

Copyright ©2004-2005 By: Countess Demetria
All rights reserved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOTE: I wrote this poem during 2005 when going through some deep depression because of loneliness. This poem is really how I felt for a long time. The part about the dream really happened. I wrote this poem after waking up from that dream.


UPDATE: I'm Now Happily  Married!!! Back then I never thought I would meet anyone who would love me. I was wrong, and so glad we found each other. So never give up Hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home