Sunday, April 24, 2005

Immortalitiy's Curse






As I walk down this dark pathway,
seeking out my mortal prey.
I think upon how things have changed,
since my day turned into forever night.

Forever am I haunted by the silent screams,
I see in each humans eyes.
As I suck the life giving blood from their veins,
I absorb within my mind,
Their life experiences, emotions, hopes & dreams,
the essence of who they are.

Each time I walk among the humans,
I wander ever so close to danger's face,
For there is one who hunts me endlessly,
Forever trying to catch me off guard and unaware.

He is forever mine enemy throughout the centuries.
He carries a wooden stake in hand to plunge within my heart.
A slayer who's sole purpose in life is to kill those of my kind,
He is always seeking my trail looking for my lair.

I long for that witch I cannot have,
The sun upon my face.
Forever it seeks my death,
if I give into its embrace.

I am an immortal being for my time here on earth,
As wonderful as that may be to some, For me it is a curse,
for I cannot love nor have it returned,
Alone I shall ever be.

For what good is immortality,
if there is not one to share it with.
With all the centuries I have seen,
not one loving touch has caressed my face.

I walk alone down this dark path staying in the shadows.
slaying humans just so I can survive.
I continue on through the centuries,
always alone and forever in the darkness.

I have no friends to share my life,
nor love to share my burden.
No one sees me or knows I am there,
to them I am just the wind.

They see a candle flame flicker,
or a curtain blowing in the window.
Before they realize what is happening,
their heart stops beating forever.

Human blood is the only thing that keeps me alive,
I do not take it with pleasure, but only to survive.
I watch and wait in the shadows for a chance to take my prey.
choosing my victim carefully I walk towards him very softly.

I lure a man to his death deceiving him with my mind,
I seize control over him then take away his life.
Never did he know what would befall him this night,
he came to me like in a dream without knowing he would die.

I would trade this immortality at once,
if only I could have someone to love & them love me in return.
I want to embrace and love a man,
without the kiss of death upon my lips.

The life of an immortal being is nothing without love.
There can be no love without death's kiss in this immortal life.
Do not wish for an immortal life,
for with it comes a curse.

Copyright ©2004-2005 Countess Demetria
All rights reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home